I recently found a server where /tmp was not a physical partition, instead it was just a folder.
This has various critical implications I can't accept on a production network. To hunt down the misconfigure systems, I want to use Check_MK.
This article will describe how to configure an enforcing rule using the Check_MK manual checks.
Due to a bug, this method currently doesn't work! Please check back in a few weeks.
- In "Storage, Filesystems and Files" head for the Filesystem mount options rules
- Select "Create rule in Folder" to add one :)
- This will choke on restart due to existing services for /tmp.
- To fix this, head to Monitoring Configuration -> Disabled Services and add an entry that excludes the /tmp mount options check at inventory time.
- Next, do a bulk inventory to remove the services for /tmp
- Then it should work correctly.